Name:

I am a student at Fuller Theology getting my Masters in Divinity. My heart is to serve others and to minister to the community through outreach, creativity, relationship

Friday, July 3, 2009

Report 4

Monday
CIT planning 3 hrs
Cleaning 2hrs
Helping counselors 1 hr
running errands 3 hrs

Tuesday
CIT planning 3 hrs
helping counselors 1 hr
Preparing cabins 2hrs
Assisting unit activities 1 hr

Wednesday
Preparing cabins 2hrs
helping adventure staff 1/2 hr
Preparing carnival 2 hrs
Monitoring booth 2 hrs
Organizing kids crafts to take home 2 hrs

Thursday
Children leave cleaning cabins 3 hrs

Friday
Cits arrive
With them al day 11 hrs
Personal Reflection
Wow what a rush. They are here. Thursday I spent the evening praying absolutely nervous. I woke up Friday morning anxious and just extremely nervous wondering how am I going to to get through this. They are here and I am so exciting and humbled. I believe this experience is going to be totally different than what I thought. Some of the girls are opening up already and I love that. Friday was a pretty laid back we took them around the camp and went over some ground rules. We had bonfire tonight which they loved. I had devotionals tonight and I was so nervous. It is so different talking to this age group. I dont know why. I definitely feel inadequate right now. But hey God is getting me through . I am anticipating an interesting and challenging summer. But God is awesome.

Spiritual Reflection
This has been an amazing journey thus far. I feel like I am relying on GOd every step of the way and it is an amazing feeling yet scary feeling. I feel so ill prepared to minister to these youth but yet I know that my heart yearns to reach out to these teens who are broken or who need direction and are looking for purpose. But God is stretching me because I have to ask Him, "Ok Lord what's next". I am trusting God in ways I never had. I love it. I am so thrilled because I feel a closeness to God in a sense that I know He's near and guiding me every step of the way. He's making his presence known in such a gentle way that is so comforting and allows me to walk at peace. God you are great. I feel so comforted by the Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home