Report 6
This week seemed to be the busiest and draining thus far. The CIT's went through their normal schedules of examining and helping out during instructional periods which both my co leader and I monitor. But we also spent a half a day cleaning up around the entire camp which I enjoyed. We also helped with Princess Party for the Junior Unit girls. In one day we did Outreach got stranded their waiting for a ride back to camp for an 1 hr and a half. Then we got back with only a small break in between and had to set up for Carnival. Then after Carnival was the Awards Ceremony in which the CIT's got to give out awards for the first time. I was so proud of them. But in either case this week has been more intense but that's what we are trying to do with the kids. Is increase their work ethic and to challenge them in their faith as the weeks progress. I don't really know if I am helping do that spiritual. I am really trying to get my niche with this ministry. But I am so excited because I see them growing in Christ and see them growing together. Within two weeks it seems as though we are family.
But God has definitely been teaching me a lot
Spiritual Reflection
God has been testing me a lot lately. One of those things is my passion for ministry. I am definitely here to serve these teens but at times it is hard. But passion is one of the very things that is going to drive me to press forth and love these kids when I am tired and dreary. Passion is what encourages me to grow closer to God so that I might direct these kids. Right now my prayer is for passion because at times I am counting the days left till this is over. And I know that is not how it should be. But one of those reasons I might be struggling with that is because out of the entire staff my co leader and I are the only ones that do not have a day off. It's draining especially for a person like me who gets their energy from being alone.
Furthermore God is just challenging me to get out of this box of what a minister looks like or what a pastor should act like. To be honest sometimes I struggle with how to minister to these girls. Or what are the right words to say. I wonder if I am helping them n this journey to really getting to know God more. And I realize I am trying to do it on my own strength. I had a dream a few a days ago I was trying to steer a car but I wasn't in the driver's seat. I was trying to direct the car n the passenger then I was trying to steer the car and I was never really inside of it. Then the car juts ended up crashing. But God is just showing me to allow him to take charge and lead. I need to get past this ideal of what ministry should look like. I need to trust God's direction.
But God has definitely been teaching me a lot
Spiritual Reflection
God has been testing me a lot lately. One of those things is my passion for ministry. I am definitely here to serve these teens but at times it is hard. But passion is one of the very things that is going to drive me to press forth and love these kids when I am tired and dreary. Passion is what encourages me to grow closer to God so that I might direct these kids. Right now my prayer is for passion because at times I am counting the days left till this is over. And I know that is not how it should be. But one of those reasons I might be struggling with that is because out of the entire staff my co leader and I are the only ones that do not have a day off. It's draining especially for a person like me who gets their energy from being alone.
Furthermore God is just challenging me to get out of this box of what a minister looks like or what a pastor should act like. To be honest sometimes I struggle with how to minister to these girls. Or what are the right words to say. I wonder if I am helping them n this journey to really getting to know God more. And I realize I am trying to do it on my own strength. I had a dream a few a days ago I was trying to steer a car but I wasn't in the driver's seat. I was trying to direct the car n the passenger then I was trying to steer the car and I was never really inside of it. Then the car juts ended up crashing. But God is just showing me to allow him to take charge and lead. I need to get past this ideal of what ministry should look like. I need to trust God's direction.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home