Name:

I am a student at Fuller Theology getting my Masters in Divinity. My heart is to serve others and to minister to the community through outreach, creativity, relationship

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Report 7 7/23/09

This week was a breakthrough week for me. It's been great working with the kids. I realize God is really exposing me to how to be ministry instead of trying to do ministry. I'm learning the culture of youth by sincerely observing the kids and their actions. This week we've noticed just how much discipline teens need. Sometimes its good to give them leniency but still give them structure. This week we've been showing the teens true hard work. They've been getting more involved with the kids and doing work projects around camp. They have been cleaning bathrooms, working in the kitchen, cleaning out vehicles, and loading buses. They are learning how to work as a team as well. We went on canoe trip for a day the kids complained a little but they are learning from their experiences and how much they need each other to grow. This week's worship which is catered for the CIT's was great because it was another moment for the CIT's to pray for one another and support one another by opening their ears and hearts to receive one another and love on one another.

Personal Reflection
God has been breaking me down and really showing me what true ministry is like. During the service this week a staff member washed my feet. It was so awkward but it was refreshing because she did because she wanted to serve me. It made me feel appreciated and also made me feel humble. Then this couple gave my co leader and I a cross. They gave me a cross that said believe. It was presented to me because they said God wants to do some amazing things in my life and have me minister to people across the nation but first I must believe. I must believe in the ministry that God has placed before me. This Sunday I was battling wondering what ministry God had for me. I was struggling with being here at camp just wondering if working with teens is for me. But now that I think about I believe that God might be trying to show me that he is preparing me to minister to all ages.


Spiritual Reflection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home