Report 8
This week has been quite interesting with the kids. Everything seems a bit off in a way. My co-leader find there to be a bit of disunity amongst our group that may have to do with spiritual warfare. The beginning of this week we noticed the kids becoming more annoyed with one another and a bit more frustrated; just on edge. But this Sunday was good because I think we were all able to enjoy one another's company a bit more. Every Sunday we go the bosses house pretty much the entire day where the kids all just get together and cook and we watch movies and chill. It's a great opportunity for the kids to take a load off after hard work. But in either case this week the CITs have been doing really good. Every Wednesday we set up for carnival but it was a crazy storm so we had to switch up everything and we ended up doing dinner in the dining hall for 148 kids and 60-70 staff. We became kitchen staff and the kids rocked it. They have been doing a great job working with the kids as well.
Personal Reflection
This has been an interesting week for me. I have definitely felt discouraged working with these teens. At times I feel as though I am taking steps backward. I feel disconnected from the girls for some reason. I feel like I'm not doing a good job.
Spiritual Reflection
My spiritual life has been weird as well. God has been allowing me to express myself through music continually placing a melody in my heart and I just pour out whatever I feel. But I feel spiritual warfare going on as if something is going to happen soon. I feel as though its already in the midst and the enemy is really trying to destroy what God is trying to do here. There is a weird atmosphere.
This week has been quite interesting with the kids. Everything seems a bit off in a way. My co-leader find there to be a bit of disunity amongst our group that may have to do with spiritual warfare. The beginning of this week we noticed the kids becoming more annoyed with one another and a bit more frustrated; just on edge. But this Sunday was good because I think we were all able to enjoy one another's company a bit more. Every Sunday we go the bosses house pretty much the entire day where the kids all just get together and cook and we watch movies and chill. It's a great opportunity for the kids to take a load off after hard work. But in either case this week the CITs have been doing really good. Every Wednesday we set up for carnival but it was a crazy storm so we had to switch up everything and we ended up doing dinner in the dining hall for 148 kids and 60-70 staff. We became kitchen staff and the kids rocked it. They have been doing a great job working with the kids as well.
Personal Reflection
This has been an interesting week for me. I have definitely felt discouraged working with these teens. At times I feel as though I am taking steps backward. I feel disconnected from the girls for some reason. I feel like I'm not doing a good job.
Spiritual Reflection
My spiritual life has been weird as well. God has been allowing me to express myself through music continually placing a melody in my heart and I just pour out whatever I feel. But I feel spiritual warfare going on as if something is going to happen soon. I feel as though its already in the midst and the enemy is really trying to destroy what God is trying to do here. There is a weird atmosphere.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home